31 Days of Horror – All Cheerleaders Die (2013)





When head cheerleader Alexis dies during practice, this leaves a spot open on the team.  Maddy Killian, an otherwise outsider to the group, tries out and gets the spot.  But Maddy has an ulterior motive.  When her plan for revenge goes south, her ex-girlfriend, who just happens to be a witch, takes matters into her own hands.

All Cheerleaders Die isn’t at all what I thought the movie would be.  And quite honestly, I didn’t put it in my queue to watch until I got a follow on Twitter (see…I really do pay attention to my followers).  And I’m glad that I did. 

If you are a fan of comedy horror, this is definitely worth a watch.  The movie starts off a bit slow and it leads you to believe it will be a slasher/revenge movie.  But then it takes a turn into the zombie/supernatural realm and that’s when the fun kicks in.

Written and directed by Lucky McKee and Chris Sivertson, the 2013 version is a remake of their 2001 low budget film by the same name.  Caitlin Stasey stars as Maddy Killian with Sianoa Smit-McPhee starring as Leena Miller.  Brooke Butler, Amanda Grace Cooper, Reanin Johannink and Tom Williamson co-star.

All in all a fun romp and a nice bonus following a string of less then stellar picks.  Faith in Netflix instant viewing restored.  That wraps up day 29…Only two more to go!


Comments