Sucker Punch very brief movie review


When I first saw the trailers for this movie I was extremely excited.  The graphics looked amazing and the fight scenes beyond belief.  Sadly I missed it at the theatres.  Yesterday I finally received my copy from Netflix and I finally got a chance to see the movie.  And I must say, I thought it was simply amazing.

Sucker Punch is not what it appears at first glance.  I can’t say that the trailers were misleading because right up front you know it is about a group of girls in a mental institution who plan to escape.  The entire plot is told right within those brief minutes when Carla Gugino, who plays Dr. Vera Gorski, tells Baby Doll, played by Emily Browning, “What you are imagining right now; you control this world.”

This movie was as cerebral as it was surreal and it never stopped moving from the beginning to the very end.  My only regret so far, is that I have only seen it once.  The Director’s Cut has already been added to my “to buy” list and once obtained, I am positive I will watch this film over and over again.

Comments