2012 New Fall Line Up

Being an addict of GetGlue I am always on the look out for something new to watch on Netflix and of course see what everyone else is watching. Sadly, there are a lot of shows that I have no interest in so instead of relying on the feeds there I decided to do a little digging on my own (thank you TV Guide online). (And for those of you wondering…I stopped watching TV awhile ago so I haven’t been bombarded with the commercials for these.) Reading through the line-up on new shows this month and next I thought I would share some of my picks…

Go On Go On – Tuesday nights at 9/8c on NBC

Premiered on September 11th however imdb.com has both the Pilot and Episode 1 available to watch for free online…

Go On is Matthew Perry’s newest sitcom and being a huge fan of his I couldn’t help but add it to my list. But wait, you say, it’s a sitcom…you hate sitcoms..? Whereas this is often the case, there are occasionally comedies that strike my funny bone just right and I am going to have to add this one to the list.

Matthew Perry plays Ryan King, a sportscaster who has recently lost his wife and is sent to therapy before he can return to work. The group he chooses turns out to be a bunch of misfits with a multitude of problems. I have watched both episodes and I have to say this comedy is well done so far. If you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, please do. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

revolution Revolution – Monday nights at 10/9c on NBC

Premieres September 17

This is one show that I have seen pop up on GetGlue multiple times and honestly I thought it was already out. When I realized my mistake I quickly searched for the trailer to watch. I was able to view an extended trailer and it looks right up my alley for television shows which is not surprising considering it is being brought to us by J.J. Abrams (Lost) and Eric Kripke (Supernatural).

Set about 15 years in the future in a world that has survived without electricity and technology, the show promises to revolve around the people struggling to figure out what happened and how to get the world jumpstarted again. With Abrams and Kripke you know there will be some heavy themes going on and enough mystery to keep you tuned in…like…what is that awesome alien looking device that turns the power back on and who is the guy communicating with on the computer? See? I’m already hooked…Don’t miss this one.

vegas Vegas – Tuesday nights at 10/9c on CBS

Premieres September 25th

Starring Dennis Quaid…need I say more? Ok, ok…Michael Chiklis also stars in this one and it is a 1960’s period drama. I know…another genre that I don’t watch but did I tell you it stars Dennis Quaid? Yep…That’s why I will tune in but as for the rest of you, you may want to watch this one as Quaid plays a rancher up against the mob when Vegas was new and beginning to grow. Carrie-Ann Moss, Sarah Jones and Jason O’Mara co-star.

elementary Elementary – Tuesday nights at 10/9c on CBS

Premieres September 25th

Lee Miller and Lucy Liu star in this police procedural with another modern day Sherlock and Holmes. Tired of all the shows lately surrounding this duo? At first glance I can easily see why, however, after watching an extended trailer I must say this looks brilliant! Sherlock is a recovering addict and police consultant and Holmes becomes his ‘sober companion.’ My first thought: a British Monk? But I will say as skeptical as I was prior to watching the trailer they did get a few laughs from me so I think I will give this one a go for now…

last resort Last Resort – Thursdays at 8/7c on ABC

Premieres September 27th

I think TV Guide sums this one up pretty well “What do you get when you cross Crimson Tide with The Rock?” The trailer for this makes for a good action film but I’m not sure how it will translate into a series. The premise: when a nuclear submarine is ordered to launch on Pakistan they question their orders and go rogue, setting up shop on a remote island. The trailer hints at who really gave the order to fire? Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Autumn Reeser, Robert Patrick and Daisy Betts star in this thriller.

666 park avenue 666 Park Avenue – Sunday nights at 10/9c on ABC

Premieres September 30th

With a title like that I want to say this looks really good however I’m not sure I’m sold. I haven’t read the series of books by Gabrielle Pierce that it’s based on but honestly while watching the trailer all I could think of was a soap opera, er…night time drama…version of Stephen King’s 1408.

The story revolves around a couple who get hired as resident managers of The Drake, an Upper East Side apartment building. But things are not as they seem as the residents have all made deals with the devil. Terry O’Quinn, Vanessa Williams, Dave Annable, and Rachael Taylor star in this.

arrow Arrow – Wednesday night at 8/7c on The CW

Premieres October 10th

When I first saw this trailer about a month ago I was hooked immediately. To prepare for this blog I watched a second trailer and all I could think of was huh? Really?

Arrow is of course about the superhero, The Green Arrow, played by Stephen Amell, the wealthy playboy by day and vigilante crime fighter by night. No, no…it’s not Batman…The comic book world is filled with these types of heroes so no eye-rolling from the newbies ok?

Anyway, the first trailer actually showed some plot and it looked really good. This recent trailer only showed Queen, aka The Green Arrow, working out. Ok, so a hot guy with a nice body is nice to look at but can we get some substance please? Wow…I can’t believe I just said that…I really am getting old aren’t I?

beauty ad the beast Beauty and the Beast – Thursday nights at 9/8c on The CW

Premieres October 11th

Kristin Kreuk and Kiwi Jay Ryan star in this remake of the 1987 procedural of the same name starring Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman. The first teaser trailer irritated me a month ago and the extended trailer I watched today didn’t help matters much. I really want to support this show but I don’t think I will like it. I have proven myself wrong before so I’m sure I will tune in if only out of curiosity. The real reason for my irritation? It’s not that they are remarking this in the first place because, let’s face it, it was a great story and updating it for today’s generation can be explained. It’s the whole Beast angle…the Beast isn’t really a Beast but has a nasty scar and some werewolf anger issues. Don’t they realize that girls will fall for the pretty boy any day no matter what the temper? It’s falling for the one who isn’t a pretty boy that is the point of the story…the whole comparison of beauty within and the beast without…*sigh* But I will try if only to support Kristin Kreuk.

Comments

  1. NOTE: Sorry guys! I made an error on Elementary - It premieres on September 27th at 10/9c on CBS - and will on THURSDAY...Sorry about that...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment