Book Review! Demonic Dora by Claire Chilton




Dora is your average misunderstood teenager who feels she just doesn't fit in. Being the daughter of an evangelist Dora does what she can to rebel - including summoning a Demon. But the Demon she summons isn't exactly what she had in mind. When her parents try to burn her at the stake for being a witch, Dora is rescued by her Demon and goes to Hell for sanctuary. This is only the beginning for Dora because in order to stay in Hell, she must first meet his parents...

When I was offered to read an advanced copy of this book I wasn’t sure what to expect.  I read a few positive reviews and decided to accept and give it a shot.  What I expected was your typical YA fantasy about a girl and a demon with a love story thrown in there for good measure.  What I didn’t expect was to laugh from start to finish.

Since this time I have read some really awful reviews on the book and I honestly cannot fathom why the hate.  This book presents itself as a fast, easy read with characters and circumstances that you can laugh at.  And it delivers hands down.  It kept this critic’s attention from front to cover and though it was 100% predictable it really didn’t matter because the characters were just too fun to get hung up on technicalities.

The book was released on June 30th so it is now available for sale!

Comments