31 Days of Horror! Black Death Movie Review!





Though I would never peg this movie in the horror category there it stands with those that know better than I in the classification of films.  But I felt it was worth mentioning in my 31 Days of Horror blog because this movie is just amazing and worth watching no matter the season.

Black Death is set during the time of the initial outbreak of the bubonic plague in Europe.  Sean Bean stars as a knight of the church who is tasked with investigating the rumors of a woman who can bring the dead back to life.

For those that may not know my viewing habits, horror is but one genre that I adore.  Fantasy and period based films are a close second (tied with action and sci fi of course).  So imagine my delight when I came across this medieval film that is based in a time when witch craft was feared and pretty much everything that couldn’t be explained fell into the witch craft category.

Written by Dario Poloni and directed by Christopher Smith, this movie is well represented in all aspects: script, acting, special effects, you name it.  When I’ve talked about this movie before with others not many had heard of it and I hope with this post that more will see this movie and add it to their collections.

Comments