31 Days of Horror! Night of the Comet Movie Review!



What would you do if one day you woke up and realized that the majority of life on the planet has been decimated by the passing of a comet?  Go shopping of course.  Or at least this is the decision made by sisters Regina and Samantha when they realize they may very well be the last women left on the planet, or at least the city they live in.  But as the days wear on they find out they are not as alone as they feel when those who were partially exposed to the comet’s wake are acting out on their cannibalistic tendencies.

When I first saw this movie in the ‘80’s I was hooked.  And when I found the movie in a bargain bin on DVD there was not a question in my mind that I wouldn’t own it.

Written and directed by Thom E Eberhardt, Night of the Comet stars Catherine Mary Stewart, Kelli Maroney and Robert Beltran in this science fiction doomsday horror film.  This B film definitely moves to the head of the class with its cheesy lines, big hair, shoulder pads that would make a football player jealous and girls toting automatic weapons.  Honestly, I’m not sure what more could you ask for…

Comments