31 Days of Horror! The Pact Movie Review!





Happy Halloween everyone!  This year the holiday has snuck up on me and I am severely behind on posting my reviews.  Please bear with me as today I will be posting the remainder of my countdown all on this glorious fun filled day of horror!

Day 27 on the countdown brings us to The Pact written and directed by Nicholas McCarthy and starring Caity Lotz and Casper Van Dien.  I must admit this movie came up several times in my Netflix recommend box and I overlooked it many times simply (and I will admit my shallow behavior) because of the cover art.  It didn’t pull me in and the description didn’t either until one day I got tired of seeing it and I decided to watch it.  And I must add that I am sorry I waited so long to see it.

The Pact opens up with a young woman finalizing the preparations for her mother’s funeral.  After a stressful phone call with her sister about her mother’s death, she contacts her cousin and daughter via the internet.  Strange occurrences begin to happen in the home and when the connection is lost with her daughter, Nicole is drawn to an open door at the end of the hall and is never seen from again.

Flash forward a bit and we meet Annie, Nicole’s sister, who comes to the house to find out what happened to her sister.  After her mother’s funeral, we meet Liz and Nicole’s daughter Eva.  All three return to the mother’s house to spend the night.  Their sleep is interrupted, Liz disappears and Annie is attacked by an unseen force.  Barely escaping with their lives, Annie and Eva go to the police station where they are not believed.

This is only the beginning of the mystery surrounding the house, their mother and their family history.  Caity Lotz stars as Annie with Casper van Dien starring as the police detective that wants to believe Annie’s story and help with the investigation of the two girl’s disappearances. 

If you haven’t seen this I highly recommend it.  It truly is well written and creepy enough to watch on Halloween.

Comments