Movie Review! Abandoned Mine





There are times when I go in spurts and watch several movies that follow a certain theme.  When I set out to watch Abandoned Mine I was in the mood to watch spooky haunted horror films.  When I came across this one on Netflix I thought, why not..?  A trip down an abandoned mine can’t be all that bad, right?…Boy was I wrong.

Abandoned Mine is about a group of five friends who get together on Halloween night to camp out and explore an old mine.  When they get to their destination, the abandoned Jarvis mine, they realize they have been set up by the ring leader of the adventure Brad, played by Reiley McClendon.  Not wanting to go inside, they decide to set up camp outside the entrance telling the tales of the mine and the girls who supposedly haunt the place.  And of course a thunder storm hits and forces the group inside where they ultimately go exploring…so much for being terrified of the local legend…

Sarcasm aside, the movie actually starts out pretty good with a photo montage of the group with terrified expressions and you know that at least one of them makes it out alive to make the film.  But who is it?  Honestly, if the movie had held to the premise of one of them planning the adventure to hunt and kill their friends then this movie could have been salvaged.  Instead we are left with a dry, boring film that left me watching the clock to see when it ended.  It is not frightening in the least and you can easily predict what is going to happen.  The dialogue is something to be desired and the treatment of the one boy from India is a bit over the top and borderline racist.

If you are extremely bored and this is the only movie that is on for you to watch, turn the TV off and go outside for a walk.  Unless you want to learn how not to make a movie then I would recommend passing on this one.  This is probably the harshest review I have given but I have to be fair and honest.  This just wasn’t a good fit for me.


Comments