Movie Review! Evidence (2013)









Traditionally when I find out a movie is filmed in the ‘found footage’ format I run for the hills and find another movie that actually takes directing (no matter how shabby) and doesn’t rely solely on shaky camera footage pieced together haphazardly in an editing room.  Quite honestly, if I want to watch a home movie I will search youtube and not Hollywood for my selection.  That being said, there are two reasons why I watched this movie: 1. Radha Mitchell and 2. The found footage is only part of the film.  Taking these two factors into play (but still being extremely skeptical) I was surprised to find I liked it.

Evidence starts off at an abandoned gas station which is also the site of a grisly massacre.  Several bodies are found along with damaged camera footage and the police begin to watch the videos hoping to identify the bodies and also determine what exactly happened.  Radha Mitchell and Stephen Moyer star as the detectives in charge of the investigation.  Caitlin Stasey, Torrey DeVitto and Harry Lennix co-star as the subjects on the video.  There are a number of things that I could pick apart about this movie but overall I can forgive them.  If you have run your gambit of movies you have to see and need something to watch to kill some time, try this one out.  You may be pleasantly surprised (just don’t expect the next Saw thriller).


Comments