Movie Review! Wreckage





Written by David Frigerio and directed by John Asher, Wreckage is a horror film starring Aaron Paul, Cameron Richardson and Mike Erwin.  Here’s the description:


Four friends are forced to enter an out of town junk-yard and throughout the night it's all hell and bullets as the local sheriff's men and the kids fight the mysterious killer that is stalking them one-by-one.



Set within a scrap yard just out of town, the movie description promises to be a decent thriller/horror movie with four friends and the Sheriff’s department being stalked by a killer.  Quit honestly I didn’t expect anything more than that with some random violence thrown in for good measure.  Reading the reviews prior to viewing it was stated the film was more a mystery than a slasher film with a nice twist at the end.  Either way I figured I would be happy.  I will say the movie had a lot of potential, yet...it fell flat on all points.


The basic plot - killer in a scrap yard - had merits. But it didn't even go there.  The so-called mystery and twist at the ending was predictable within the first 10 minutes of the movie.  The rest of the time I was left wondering why I continued to watch it.  Of course I only have myself to blame for watching after one of the deputies called an escaped convict a “serial killer” when the writer clearly had no idea what the definition meant.

I would recommend skipping this movie, however many a Netflix viewer seemed to enjoy it.  To this I say “to each his own.”  Just don’t say I didn’t warn you…

Comments