Movie Review! Guardians of the Galaxy





Ok so this review is a little behind considering I saw it over a week ago but felt it was worth writing up just the same.  And I have to say, if you haven’t seen this movie yet I really don’t know what you are waiting for…This movie delivers on everything from comedy to action to excellent special effects and gives you characters you can really stand behind.  And, if you are a Marvel fan, the movie is loaded with tons of little Easter eggs that will keep you smiling throughout, and cracks the franchise wide open for many sequels to follow.

One thing about writing this review late is that it has given me ample time to read other reactions to the film and the characters.  While Groot appears to be an all time fav, I have to say that Rocket shone brightest for me.  Don’t get me wrong, Groot was a remarkable character but I could relate to Rocket’s comedic stylings and fun loving nature a bit more.  That and he can MacGyver just about anything you need when in a pinch.

Directed by James Gunn, Guardians of the Galaxy stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel as the misfit guardians who are banded together under rather unique circumstances.  Though this may not be the most character driven Marvel movie in regards to origin stories, it covers quite a lot of ground in a short amount of time and will have you laughing so much throughout you don’t even miss the parts left out. 

Overall the movie is a win and is definitely tied as being the most fun and best movie I’ve seen all year (and that’s saying something).


Comments