Movie Review! The November Man





I had an opportunity to see this last week and I am behind in writing a review but it also has given me time to reflect on the movie and, hopefully, write this with a better perspective.  As always, my reviews are not taken from a film expert’s viewpoint but from that of the film lover – the couch potato that watches movies for the sheer pleasure of entertainment and the suspension of reality that can only come from the big (or small) screen.  I am not much of a drama fan because I hate to cry so I settle for the films that will wow me with lots of explosions, brutal action scenes, the gore and scare of a horror movie, spectacular special effects, and the intense pulse pounding chase scenes.  I’m not looking for Oscar, I’m looking for entertainment.

The November Man stars Pierce Brosnan, Luke Bracey and Olga Kurylenko in a movie that delivers many of the features I’ve described above in this espionage thriller.  Brosnan plays the role of Devereaux, a retired CIA agent who knows that no CIA agent is ever retired as he is reactivated for one more mission.  When this mission goes south and he is drawn into a thicker web of deceit, the bodies pile up as Devereax leaves no stone unturned to uncover the truth behind the mission.

The only downside for the movie that I could see was the use, or rather the lack of use, of the character Alexa, played by Amila Terzimehic.  My friend and I agree that we really wanted to see her utilized more especially since they built up the intro of her character the way they did.  Quite possibly, these missing events wound up on the cutting room floor but overall the movie is well worth watching. 

Comments