31 Days of Horror – Antisocial





After watching two rather slow movies I chose this one from my recommend list thinking I could defeat the tedium and watch a faster paced movie that also included some zombie action.  Sad to say, I think this movie progressed slower then the thriller about a stalker.

That being said, Antisocial is a drama about five friends who get together on New Year’s Eve for a party.  The party never gets started as they all stand around talking to other friends on their computers or posting on social networking sites on their phones as they watch one news broadcast after another about a viral outbreak across the globe.  Said outbreak is causing suicides and violent tendencies.  Kind of like Pulse, I thought…but, not so much.

Directed by Cody Calahan, Antisocial stars Michelle Mylett, Cody Ray Thompson, and Adam Christie in this movie that is more of a social statement about social networking.  Much like Stephen King’s book The Cell, the movie is more of a warning to stay away from social networking sites or evil will ensue.

Take it or leave it, this movie did have potential and could have been a lot better (and I hate to be the one to say it) if the movie had more violence and less talking.  Call it my mood but this is what I checked in for…

So concludes day 9 of my 31 Days of Horror…here’s hoping day 10 has more horror…


Comments