31 Days of Horror – Scar





While in high school, Joan Burrows and her friend Susie were captured and tortured by a serial killer living in their home town.  Joan is the sole survivor, having escaped after killing the man who held them.  Years later, Joan returns to her home town for her niece’s graduation.  Her memories resurface and when one of the local high school girls is discovered dead with various cuts on her body, Joan begins to suspect that the killings are beginning again.  As more students turn up missing everyone begins to suspect Joan and it is up to her to find out what is going on.

 I will say I rather enjoyed this movie.  The dialogue between the teenagers was a bit forced and the acting wasn’t stellar but I enjoyed it just the same.  It could be because I ran my gambit the past few days watching dramas billed as horror films, but this one was not a disappointment in that aspect.  The flashbacks to the original killer were probably the best and the movie could have been made solely around his story, but I liked the idea of history repeating itself.  All in all a decent watch.


Comments