31 Days of Horror – Truth or Die





Four teenage friends are taken hostage by a vengeful psychopath and forced to play a party game with life-or-death consequences.  This is the premise for the British horror movie, Truth or Die.  Though the film is billed as a horror and/or a slasher film, this horror maven really cannot consider this movie “horror” so much as a psychological thriller.  No matter how you spin it, this is a decent revenge movie with a few twists thrown in for good measure.

Directed by Robert Heath, the movie stars David Oakes, Jennie Jacques, and Jack Gordon, to name but a few.  I really can’t say that there was anything stellar about the movie.  Upon reflection, nothing really stands out for me and it will probably recede to the back of my memory in no time at all.  The performances were fair and the beginning and middle of the movie are what made it enjoyable for me.  The ending fell apart though and even the last reveal was a bit lame in execution.  But, don’t just take my word for it – this movie rates very high from other reviewers both on and off Netflix.  But maybe I just have higher standards for my revenge movies…

Just three days in with many more to follow…Thanks for tuning in to my 31 Days of Horror!


Comments