31 Days of Horror – The Ward





Meet Kristen, North Bend Psychiatric Hospital’s newest resident.  Though she was found and arrested for setting fire to an old house in the middle of nowhere, Kristen has no memory of her past.  As she meets her fellow inmates and begins therapy, Kristen begins to suspect that something more sinister is at work within the ward.  As she recruits some of the others for help, she begins to uncover a secret that happened to one of the women before she was brought in: a secret that could cost all of them their very lives.

Written by Michael and Shawn Rasmussen and directed by John Carpenter, The Ward is a pretty decent ghost story with a twist.  Though the ending is not original, it’s the journey getting there that matters.  Amber Heard plays the role of Kristen with Danielle Panabaker, Mamie Gummer, Laura-Leigh, and Jared Harris co-starring.

I will admit, I was a bit disappointed when I first saw the movie years ago, but upon re-watching it yesterday, I find it to be much better than I originally gave it credit for.  This could also be due to the amount of terrible movies I have been watching recently in comparison but it is what it is. If you haven’t seen it yet, shame on you.  It is a Carpenter movie and worth the watch – especially as we continue to count down to Halloween!

Thanks for tuning in…I should be just about caught up by the end of the day as I continue my 31 Days of Horror movie review countdown…


Comments