31 Days of Horror – Deathwatch





For day 30 of my 31 Days of Horror I watched a great film by the name of Deathwatch.  It encompassed two genres that I love: war movies, and horror.  Set during World War I, Deathwatch follows the lives of 9 British soldiers who get caught behind enemy lines and quickly become lost in an eerie, preternatural fog.  Before long, they encounter a German trench held by only three men.  With one of their men critically wounded, they decide to settle down in the trench and attempt to radio for help.  Determined to hold the trench until allied forces can find and retrieve them, they settle in only to discover that there is more to the trench than meets the eye. 

Written and directed by Michael J. Bassett, Deathwatch stars Jamie Bell, Ruadhri Conroy, Mike Downey, Kris Marshall, and Laurence Fox.  Though the movie received mixed reviews, I rather enjoyed it.  Dark, dismal, and dirty, the movie delivered on all points that make for fine horror/war movie fare as one by one the men are picked off.  If you haven’t seen it yet, I highly recommend adding it to your list of movies to watch.


Comments