Book Review! ARTtitude by Frederic Claquin




In cleaning up my book reviews, I realized that though I read this at least a month ago I failed to write a review on it.  This is definitely not a reflection on my opinion on the book but may be chalked up to my wanting to look through it multiple times before I posted a review.  Circumstances are they are, life intervened and it got pushed to the back burner…But I am rectifying that error now!

ARTtitude is a collection of art by 34 International artists in the contemporary graphic arts.  From poster art to street art, this book has something in it for everyone.   Art truly is subjective to the viewer and I have found in other collections that the works presented are always similar in style and this limits the range of viewers overall.  This is not the case with ARTtitude.  I will admit, there were some artist’s styles that I didn’t like aesthetically but I did enjoy the majority of them and I’m glad that they were included in the book because it still gave me a chance to see their work.  I say this to reinforce what I previously stated; this book has something in it for everyone. 

Here’s the bit from the publisher:

Representing countries as far-reaching and distinct as Italy, the Netherlands, Japan, Austria, Guatemala, and the United States (to name a few), the 34 international artists featured in this collection reveal the richness and diversity of contemporary graphic arts. In addition to more classical artistic mediums like painting, photography, illustration, graphic design, animation and sculpture, these artists have evolved to leave their mark on the world in bold, non-traditional, exciting ways: wood printing, visual branding, street art, music production, customized accessories, surf and skatewear design, tattoos, and more. The artists featured pay tribute to the muses of their creativity, with appreciative nods to their predecessors and track lists of the music that inspires their work. ARTtitude highlights some of the most iconic and unusual artists of the moment: Adam Rabalais, Olivier Coipel, Josh Brown, Supakitch, Tim Clark, Arnaud Pags, blarf, Chris Coppola, Diego Gravinese, and many more.



Comments