Book Review! The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act




Every ninety years twelve Gods are reincarnated as human pop stars.  Though they are immortal, their life expectancy as humans is limited to two years.  Some love them, some hate them.  None understand them.  The Wicked + The Divine, Vol 1 includes the first 5 issues.  The story centers around one fortunate fan who gets and opportunity to meet the Gods up close and personal.  When an unfortunate event occurs and Luci (aka Lucifer) defends herself and the others, she is put in prison for her deeds.  Our hero fangirl tries to track down the killer and free Luci.

The artwork is sound in this and the storyboards are easy to follow.  I did find that the story was a bit dry and if I wasn’t reading this for a review I probably would have stopped about 50 pages in.  That being said, I think the chances of my reading subsequent volumes is reduced despite the clever, if not predictable, twist at the end of volume 5.  Though don’t take my word for it.  I’ve read many positive reviews that loved this storyline so make that decision for yourself. 


Comments