Book Review! Luminae Vol 1





Six young warriors are tasked with protecting the mysterious Luminae, a holy creature of Light in exile from those forces of Darkness that would decimate humanity. When one of the warriors disappears, the others know it is the sign of a superior evil soon to arrive. A stylish dark fantasy by the celebrated artist of Naja and Meka.

The story begins after a major battle has taken place and the six warriors are attempting to recuperate while searching for their lost sister.  I will admit, the story was a bit vague in the beginning, but as the plot unfolded it became more apparent as to what was happening.  Considering the fact that I am used to reading mysteries, this didn’t bother me in the least.  The stunning artwork was more than enough to keep me flipping pages until the plot unfolded.  I have read several reviews where other readers complained about this but forewarned is forearmed – consider yourself forewarned (the answers will be revealed as you continue reading).

All in all, what you see is what you get.  Considering this is volume 1 I will definitely be keeping an eye out for volume 2 in the future.  This is the third collection I’ve read following the artist Bengal and if you haven’t read any of his other works your really should.  I’ll provide some links at the end of this blog so that you can catch up…

Comments