Book Review! The X-Files: Year Zero







The X-Files was, and still is, one of my all-time favorite shows.  When I had the opportunity to do a review on a new graphic novel, I couldn’t resist adding it to my list of books to read.  And I have to say that I was not disappointed.

The X-Files: Year Zero is two stories in one tied together by a single character, Mr. Zero/Xero.  Mulder and Scully are characterized much as they were on the show.  (Reading this really made me want to watch another marathon of the series).  The other half of the book is set in the ‘40’s and follows the first x-files case with new partners, Agents Ellison and Ohio.

Whether you were a die-hard fan of the show or not, this is a good read to pick up and a definite recommend. 

Here’s the bit from the publisher:


When a blue-collar worker from New Jersey passes prophetic messages to the FBI from a mysterious "Mr. Zero," Mulder is convinced it is the same otherworldly entity that contacted the FBI through a suburban housewife in the 1940s. This similarly named "Mr. Xero" pointed the FBI toward many unusual cases, leading to the establishment of "the X-Files"!


Comments