Movie Review! Unearthed (2007)





I’ve been doing a lot of painting lately which results in my watching an exorbitant amount of television shows and very few movies.  I did happen to squeak this one in the other day and had some time to write a review!

The plot is basic, small town, Sheriff with a recent bad history, digging going on in the mountains, and a creature that was unearthed as a result.  Add to that an accident that wipes out the power and also isolated said small town…in addition to some travelers that are perfect cannon fodder.

Overall, I thought the movie was ‘meh’ (for lack of a better term).  Emmanuelle Vaugier plays the role f the Sheriff and I thought she did a decent job (of course I happen to like her from other roles so there’s that).  If they had kept the big bad as being some prehistoric critter instead of **Insert Spoiler Alert** some alien hybrid akin to, well, the Alien Franchise, then I would have liked this a bit more.  Considering it was unoriginal in that aspect, this ranks a lot lower.

Written and directed by Matthew Leutwyler, Unearthed also stars Luke Goss, and Russell Means.

Comments