Movie Review! The Damned

This movie has been popping up in my queue for a while now and I kept putting it off due to the scant description.  Finally I caved and as I started to watch the movie, I honestly thought I had hit play for the wrong movie!  Where the description was accurate (in a round-a-bout way) it also was missing a few elements that would lure in some horror fans (amazing how one little synopsis can make or break a title).

That being said, The Damned is about a father who flew to Columbia to collect his daughter and bring her back to the states in time for his wedding to his soon-to-be second wife.  While driving back to her hotel to retrieve her passport, the family is involved in a car accident.  Seeking refuge at a nearby, abandoned Inn, the family unwittingly unleash an ancient evil and must struggle to survive.


Most of the time, when I'm watching a movie, I'm also doing about 100 other things (namely artwork).  The first half of the movie has quite a bit of subtitles since they are in another country so be mindful of this fact when watching (I had to rewind quite a bit and stop what I was doing to watch).  They are not distracting and do not deter from the film, it's just nice to know in advance.

That being said, the movie was well done in many respects.  I can plug holes in any film but honestly, what's the point?  It's either creepy or it's not.  As long as the story is compelling in some measure, I'm happy.

Directed by Victor Garcia, the movie stars Peter Facinelli, Sophia Myles, and Nathalia Ramos.

Watch it on Amazon now:

Comments