Movie Review! Neverlake


When Jenny Brook takes a break from college to visit her father in Tuscany, her planned vacation of rest and exploration, and time spent with her father, are thwarted when she stumbles upon a mystery at The Lake of Idols.  When Jenny meets a group of disabled children from a local hospital, she begins to suspect her father may be involved in more than a simple archaeological investigation at the lake.

Influenced by the poem The Sensitive Plant by Shelley, Neverlake attempts to weave together the mysticism of the poem, with the mystery, and history surrounding the lake.  Overall, the movie starts off well but gets lost somewhere in the middle.  Watching it, I felt like I had suddenly left the room at a crucial moment and missed a key plot twist (even though I never left the room).  The ending is then rushed a bit and left me wanting more.

I have read mixed reviews on this and I can understand why.  It definitely is one worth taking a peek at.  If I obtained nothing else from this movie, I definitely want to break out my old Lit books and re-read Shelley.



Comments