Movie Review! Jurassic World

Ok, so I realize that the movie has been out for a month now but I finally got a chance to see this.  Typically, I hate crowds and when I know a movie will draw a huge crowd, I wait.  I really don't mind how long either.

The good news is, my friends and family realize this and are gracious enough to not give me spoilers.  They merely tell me yeah or nay.  This movie garnered a split down the middle - either they loved it, or they hated it (mainly it was the ending that they hated).  And I can see why, though I don't share their opinion.  I LOVED this movie!  Finally, there is a sequel worthy of being dubbed a sequel.

For starters, the book is by far one of my favorite Michael Crichton books of all times.  Jurassic Park: A Novel was a very suspenseful and frightening book, and I will admit, I hated the movie when it first came out.  What could have been a great horror movie was turned into a family film suitable for television.  Yes, I realize it was scary for children (and some adults), but it paled in comparison to the book.  The subsequent movies were typical fare for sequels (made more to generate a quick buck then to be true to the story and genre).

Jurassic World took a long time to be made and I'm happy for that fact.  From what I've read, they canned quite a few scripts along the way and finally came away with a winner.  Yes, the movie is predictable.  Enough years have passed from watching (and reading) the original(s), so I can easily set aside any comparisons and just sit back and enjoy a good adventure movie.  The characters are likeable, the action scenes are what you'd expect, and the raptors got the screen time they deserved.

All in all, this is one fun ride and worthy of watching more than once.  Yes, the ending is a bit over the top, but it is also fun...and what else is there for a dinosaur theme park to do but wow and amaze and make you shake your head...

Comments