Movie Review! Playback





Life is finally getting back to normal for me (work-wise) do I am hoping I won't neglect this blog nearly as much as I have the past few weeks.  That being said, I have been clearing out my Netflix queue by watching some films and today's review is the first of many...

To start, I would have to say the description is a bit misleading:


A cop investigates the case of a missing local teen, though he discovers a dark secret that has been unleashed in his town, and an evil spirit that will stop at nothing to find its heir.

If I had to guess, I would say this is due to the police officer being played by Christian Slater, and with his name, the description is a nod to his filmography.  However, the plot would better read:

While investigating a twenty-year old mass-murder for a school project, a young film student unwittingly unleashes an evil spirit that will stop at nothing to find his heir.

Not that different (considering I used the ending) but more to the point.

John Pacar stars as Julian Miller, a young film student who is researching the town's history and the murders that occurred twenty years ago.  His search unleashes said evil.  While he investigates for his school project, his friends pay the ultimate price as they are killed off one by one.

Honestly, the movie wasn't half bad.  The acting was decent, the script typical, the kill scenes what you would expect.  Considering the fact that I was never impressed with the movie The Ring, the use of videos for possession never struck me as scary.  But maybe it's me...

With all the rain lately, I'd say this movie warrants a watch while stuck indoors.



Comments