Movie Review! Evil Remains




A graduate student preparing his thesis on mythology leads his friends on a research expedition to an old plantation estate on the outskirts of the Big Easy. The site is reputed to mysteriously cause madness and death to all who enter it.

I'm not really sure what to say on this one.  I really don't like giving bad reviews because everyone's taste is different.  I debated on not giving this one a review at all but decided, where's the fun in that?  I won't say that I hated this movie because hate is a strong word and it wouldn't be the full truth.  What I will say, is on a level of being entertained, I was bored.

From the poster I knew right off the bat that this was a low budget film.  Knowing this going in is what prompted me to continue watching it after the many times I thought I should just stop and try another movie.  The beginning was pretty decent and I thought that if I hung around long enough, the ending would be decent as well.  I was wrong.  It happens.

If you're cleaning the house and would like some background noise, this isn't a bad take on what to watch.  It's chock full of dialogue and not much is going on onscreen that you will miss if you are not paying attention.  Even the kill scenes, what few there are, are pretty ho-hum.  And if at the ending you still wonder just what the heck happened, join the club.  Hundreds of viewers are still trying to figure it out.  I get what the writer was trying to say, but sometimes the execution falls flat in a film and was probably better served in book format.

Comments