Movie Review! Hold Your Breath




A group of friends on a weekend camping trip find themselves being picked off one by one when one member of the group refuses to abide by the urban myth that you can breathe in evil spirits when passing cemeteries.

This movie honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  It's been hanging out in my Netflix queue for some time and I always seem to pass it by.  Maybe it's the cover that didn't grab me...Whatever the reason, yesterday I needed a movie to watch while I painted and this was the winner.

From the start, I give it props for being the first movie (that I've come across) to use the old legend of holding your breath when you pass a cemetery.   The movie starts several years ago in a prison and introduces the back story.  Flash forward to the present with the usual group of friends on a camping trip (sans phones) and you have an interesting take.  The detour to the prison seemed a bit useless and I think the entire movie could have taken place at the campground (but that's my opinion).  The kill scenes weren't too bad, the acting wasn't awful, and the effects were what you'd expect.  All in all, not a complete waste of time.

Comments