Movie Review! Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

With too many reasons to count, going to the movies lately has become a rarity.  So it is with no surprise that it took so long for me to get an opportunity to see this movie.  Thankfully, it was still in the theaters and with the novelty of it worn down, we basically had the theater to ourselves (my preference over a crowded cinema filled with people on their phones or just chatting, rustling, or being active all together).

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation is the fifth in the series.  Usually by this number the plots get tiresome, the stunts remain the same, and the characters become a bit dull.  IF they follow the typical sequel scenario.  When treated properly, a sequel can truly take off and become better than the preceding ones.  This is exactly the case with Rogue Nation.

Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, and Ving Rhames reprise their roles as the current team of the IMF.  Rebecca Ferguson co-stars as our, dare I say it, "Bond" girl.  Alec Baldwin and Sean Harris round out the major players.

Honestly, if you haven't seen this yet and are holding off because it is a sequel, please do go watch it while you can on the big screen.  You will not be disappointed.  It truly packs in the perfect combination of fight scenes, tech, car chases, motor cycle chases, comedy, and yes, the infamous plane scene (from the poster). 

Normally when a sequel ends, I always think there may be another one but in a way hope that they don't make one because the novelty has worn off.  This is the first Mission: Impossible movie I left hoping they make 40 more...I know that I dropped a Bond reference earlier and this was my prevailing thought - finally, in my humble opinion, there is a franchise that I feel (if done correctly) can match the action hero star franchise of James Bond.

Comments