31 Days of Horror! The Blood Lands "White Settlers"

The Blood Lands (aka White Settlers) has been sitting in my instant queue for some time now.  Rated low overall by other viewers (and following a number of not-so-stellar titles already) I wasn't sure if I was ready to watch this yet (if at all).  But, after watching a few good films, I decided, what the heck.

And I'm glad that I did.

The Blood Lands follows the story of Ed and Sarah, a successful British couple who are used to living in the city, yet dream of living in the country.  When they come across the real estate listing of an old farmhouse in Scotland, they decide to take on the challenge of renovating it.  Three months after purchasing the home, they finally begin to move in and spend their first night in their new home.  It isn't long before they begin to hear strange noises in their home and realize they aren't alone.

If you are a fan of home invasion, survival thrillers, this movie is right up your alley.  Well scripted and acted, the ending was a nice surprise.

Comments