31 Days of Horror! Jack the Reaper

Against my better judgment, I decided to watch this movie after having ignored it for well over a month in my recommend queue.  I will admit, the only reason why I watched it was because Tony Todd was in it.  Even his small part was not enough to even rate this movie.  Not being one to give negative reviews and trash a film, I have decided to write about what I think would have made this movie better (or at least watchable).

First thing, get rid of the voice over monologue that pops up every so often.  It was pointless.

Second, make the movie into the paranormal drama it is and get rid of the pseudo-slasher aspect.  Considering the fact that the movie is 88 minutes long and the first death doesn't occur until at least 60 minutes in, the serial killer aspect is moot.

What I did like (which basically also told you the plot in the first five minutes of the movie) was the school name being 'Charon' (with the football team being called the 'Ferriers').  Don't know your mythology?  Look it up and learn something cool.  You won't regret it.



Comments