31 Days of Horror! Killer Mermaid (Nymph)

Two friends go on vacation to visit an old college friend who lives in the Mediterranean.  Little do they know that the region suffers from multiple disappearances.  When they decide to spend an afternoon on an isolated island that used to be a military compound, they unwittingly stumble upon the source of the disappearances and are soon fighting for their lives while trying to escape the island.

I will admit, when I selected this movie this morning I was hoping for a really cheesy creature feature.  I mean, look at the cover - it screams cheese!  So I will admit to being a bit disappointed when the movie actually had a plot.  Bummer...

Overall, the movie was your typical film of tourists being trapped and hunted by a psychotic killer.  nearly all of it occurred on dry land.  I guess when I am thinking about a killer mermaid, I expect more of the deaths to actually occur in the water akin to the movie Jaws.  Maybe I'll have better luck next time!

Comments