31 Days of Horror! Scream (1996)

After watching three slow-burns in a row I just had to put in a definite winner in my queue.  And I have to say, after watching it again for maybe the 10th time (could be more), this movie never disappoints.  In fact, I think I catch even more movie references each time.

Directed by Wes Craven, and written by Kevin Williamson, this movie pokes fun at the horror movie genre in general while simultaneously delivering an excellent horror movie in the process.  Packed with some great talent, Scream will keep you laughing while biting your nails on the edge of your seat all while trying to guess who the killer is.  It's no wonder this movie launched a franchise that is still going today with a series on MTV.

I cannot mention Wes Craven without also saying how much of a loss his passing was to this genre.  He has inspired so many film makers (and writers) and I hope that he will continue to do so with his legacy already on film.


Comments