Movie Review! Dark Space

It's spring break and six friends decide to spend their time on Centauri Five.  When an mishap accurs aboard their shuttle, they are forced to crash land on an alien planet.  As they begin to make repairs on their ship they begin to search the planet for help.  It doesn't take long before they are attacked and the truth behind the planet makes survival their number one concern.

I read a lot of poor reviews about this movie before I finally decided to hit play.  I don't mind low budget sci fi / horror films if the story is solid.  I can put up with bad acting and bad special effects if the makers convince me of the ultimate possibility.  That being said, I had low expectations across the board.  This reason alone may account for my surprise that the movie wasn't nearly as bad as people are writing.

Yes, it is true that the actors will not be nominated for an academy award for this movie, but that doesn't mean that the acting was horrific either.  I was impressed with the special effects and the overall story was a good one.  If you have been avoiding it due to the above mentioned poor reviews, give it a try like I did.  I think you may be surprised.

Comments