Movie Review! Shrooms

A group of friends travel to Ireland to taste test some hallucinogenic mushrooms.  Chaperoned by an 'experienced' guide, they set up camp and begin their first day by tripping and telling ghost stories around the fire later the same night.  When they wake up in the morning to find one of their crew missing, they begin to search for him in the woods.  Of course, nothing is that simple and one of the girls is having prophetic dreams of their deaths.

This movie was everything that I expected (right down to the ending which I guessed within the first five minutes).  None of this detracted from the experience and I have to admit, I laughed quite a few times (of course, I'm not sure I was supposed to but I just couldn't help it).  Definitely worth a look but please, remember to not take your horror too seriously when the plot concerns tripping on mushrooms.

Comments