Movie Review! Satanic

Image result for satanic movie 

It's spring break and four friends decide to stop off in L.A. to visit a few true crime sites.  After visiting a local dark arts store and getting in a fight with the owner, the four decide to follow the owner after close as a way to break the boredom of their trip.  When they witness a ritual involving a young girl, they interrupt it and are chased off the property.  The next day they come across the girl in question and decide to invite her to stay in their hotel room.  This proves to be an even bigger mistake and the four and then involved in a blood ritual which ultimately leads to their demise.

When I first started watching this, I was underwhelmed by the characters but persisted through in the hope of there being a decent story buried within.  And I kept searching throughout the end never to find it.  Being a avid fan of the genre, I try not to come up with scathing negative reviews because those are plenty (even on the movies I love).  As I sit here writing the review, I can't even come up with a good reason for anyone to try watching this.  It wasn't even bad to the point of humor.  Some of the events leading up to the end held hope for a decent ending but even that fell horribly flat.  I will say, it is far from the worst movie I have seen and I'm sure there is someone out there that will find value in watching it.