31 Days of Horror! The Babysitter


When I first started watching this, I questioned why and nearly turned it off. Thankfully, I was too pressed for time to select another movie before work and decided to stick it out. I am so grateful that I did!

The Babysitter starts out pretty cheesy at first. We are introduced to our main character, Cole, and his odd life. In fact, everyone in his life seems just a bit off, right down to the kids who bully him on a daily basis.The filmmakers are also pretty good at pointing out key elements much like the film Home Alone and its ilk.  This is actually a good thing because it makes it more fun to see how it all comes together at the end.

Then we meet the babysitter, Bee.  Bee is perfect in every way to Cole.  Not only is she smoking hot, she is also intelligent and a bit of a geek.  The best of both worlds for Cole.  Of course it comes as no surprise when one night, Cole decides to stay up past his bedtime to witness just what exactly Bee is up to while he's sleeping.  What he didn't expect was to witness a human sacrifice led by his beloved babysitter and her friends.

It isn't until this moment that the movie really takes off.  I have to admit, my favorite parts were the interactions between Max and Cole.  The dialogue was downright hysterical.

Netflix delivered yet another win.  Though I did watch this on the premiere night, I'm sorry this review comes to you so late.  If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it.  And stick through the cheesy beginning...the ending more than makes up for that torture.