31 Days of Horror! Krampus



Right on the heels of Deathgasm, low and behold my Netflix delivery showed up with Krampus in tow. Needless to say, it immediately was put in my player (considering I missed it in theaters).  And I'm happy to report, I rather enjoyed it.

When Max gives up on Christmas and tears up his letter to Santa, he inadvertently summons Krampus, a horned beast that punishes naughty children. When their neighborhood is suddenly besieged by a blizzard on Christmas Eve, Max's family begins to suspect something else may be going on when they begin experiencing strange events. As they slowly disappear one by one, their personal problems are pushed aside as they try to survive the night.

I think what I liked best about the movie was the interaction between the members of the family.  As they faced the impossible, it was interesting to watch the characters grow as they began to finally relate to each other as family.  A lot of horror movies brush over any relationship's growth and focus solely on the horror aspect while keeping the caricatures in place.  The creepy toys that worked for Krampus were pretty cool too.

If you happened to miss this one, it's definitely worth picking up and giving it a go.