31 Days of Horror! Shutter (original)


Ok.Work has gotten me so far behind (more than previous years) so for this, I apologize!  Watching them isn't the difficult part, getting the reviews done seems to be next to impossible but here goes...

Years ago I watched the remake of this movie and never got my hands on the original.  I finally requested it in my Netflix DVD queue and had some time to watch it.

Overall, I did enjoy the movie.  The story line was solid, the characters likeable, and the backstory of the poor girl haunting them was tragic.  But, I have to say that the spookiness of the movie was a little lacking.  Mind you, I have been pulling a lot of third shifts so my evenings are typically your afternoons and watching a horror film during daylight hours kind of loses its appeal.  Take that kernel of truth into consideration when reading this review...

There were a few scenes that were creepy but most were just repeats of other horror films so they were predictable at best.  This is definitely worth watching though so if you haven't gotten a copy yet, I do recommend it.