31 Days of Horror! Tales of Halloween


I first watched this anthology when it was released in 2015.  I could only remember bits of it so I decided to revisit it this year.  And watching it again I remembered why I had forgotten many of the tales: they are just a tad bit forgettable.

Tales of Halloween consists of ten interlocking short stories all centering on one night in one town.  Linked together by the sultry voice of Adrienne Barbeau, each tale offers us a glimpse of something that could be horrific, yet falls flat on even producing something comedic.  Taken individually, there are some good stories that want to be told, yet the time constraints of a short rob them of becoming something more.

Overall, I didn't feel it was a waste of time watching and it was entertaining.  Even on a second viewing, I still don't regret the watch.  Definitely worth watching when you are bored on a weekend afternoon.