31 Days of Horror! Shutter 2008



Though I missed posting daily throughout the month of October, I still wish to post the reviews of the movies I watched daily!  Please bear with the multiple posts on certain days as I try to catch up as quickly as I can!

Disclaimer aside, I re-watched the remake of this right on the tails of the original movie so that I could better compare.  There were elements that I liked in the original over the remake but I still stand with my preference on the remake (which is odd considering the fact that I traditionally prefer the originals).

The basic story line is the same: a couple is in an auto accident where they crash after hitting a girl who wanders into the road unexpectedly.  Afterwards, they begin seeing the same girl either in photographs or in person and they soon suspect they are being haunted.  The differences are minor: girlfriend/wife; Taiwan/Japan.  What I liked about the remake was the higher level of suspense created with the filming.  The ending with the marital dispute was a little over the top but I did enjoy that they kept the final scene extremely similar because that encompassed the entire haunting quite nicely.

If you have only ever watched the remake, I do highly recommend watching it.  Who knows, you may enjoy it better!