Movie review! Geostorm

If you've read enough of my reviews, then you know that I have a serious soft spot in my heart for disaster movies.  And when Hollywood actually comes out with a great cast on the big screen, you can bet good money that I am going to see it.  Needless to say, when I saw this one advertised, I had to go watch it.

After the earth has been pummeled by one natural disaster after another, the world leaders gather together a group of scientists to create a shield of sorts around the planet.  Gerald Butler stars as the lead scientist and creator of the satellite network that controls the earth's weather pattern.  After being booted from the project when he doesn't play politics, his help is requested once more when unnatural weather conditions arise and it is suspected to be sabotage.

Of course the plot is predictable.  But if done well, predictable plots are only an after thought.  The special effects of this movie far outweigh the naysayers who tout un-believability.  The performances were solid, and the action scenes nail-biting-worthy.  All in all, I vote this one as a win.