TV Series Review! Dark


It is no surprise that I am a huge fan of Netflix and it's original programming.  So much so that I think my friends are tired of hearing me talk about them and are wondering if I am an affiliate.  (I'm not, but I would jump at the chance to work for them...just sayin)  When I saw the ads that they were producing their first German series, I counted down the days to watch.  And binge I did.  In hindsight, I think it took me longer to take the time to write this review than it did to watch the entire series.  But I digress...

Dark begins with the investigation of a young boy in the small town of Winden.  When a second boy goes missing, residents begin to whisper of several disappearances that occurred in the past.  These whispers become louder when the body of an unidentified boy appears one night during the search.

As the series progresses, we are taken on a mental rollercoaster ride through time as events from the past collide with those in the future (mind you, the series is set in 2019 and not the present).  We are further introduced to the lunar/solar theory of time.  And if that's not enough to get your head spinning with possibilities, the show also touches on the creation of worm holes and the consequences that could arise from traveling in time to change your fate.

Overall, as complicated as the aforementioned theories are to the layman, everything is delivered in a straightforward, easy to understand format.  The performances by all involved are stellar, and the storyline moves at a fast enough pace to keep you watching and wondering as to what will happen next.

If you are looking for a unique mystery, this is one series that will keep you guessing right up to the amazing ending.  Though there are only rumors as to a second season right now, they had better renew it for at least one more to wrap up that ending!