31 Days of Horror! Book of Blood


A paranormal expert discovers a house that is at the intersection of so-called "highways" transporting souls in the afterlife.
Like most haunted house movies, this one is a bit of a slow burn.  And, quite possibly, the slowest of the herd.  Having read the stories this is based on, I feel they could have embellished a little to pick the pace up a bit and still kept it true to Barker's tale.  Considering the success of many of his other adaptations to the big screen, this one lags behind considerably.  That being said, it's still an excellent tale and one worth watching.

To it's credit, the characters were believable enough and there were a few moments that were a bit suspenseful.  This may have been due to the storm that was brewing outside my window and that I was watching this in the dark, but isn't that how you're supposed to watch horror movies on Halloween night?

Tonight marks the end of my 31 Days of Horror challenge.  I've succeeded some years, failed more than I can count, so it was nice to successfully complete this challenge without skipping a day.  The point of this exercise was to get back into the habit of writing daily and to start posting on this blog again.  Though I doubt I will be posting daily, I have decided to not neglect this page and to start writing better reviews again.  It's been awhile and I think it's about time I started back up again.

Until next time...see you on the flipside!