31 Days of Horror! Cargo


Amid a terrifying pandemic, a father searches the wilds of Australia for someone willing to protect and care for his infant daughter.
Cargo dropped on Netflix some time ago and and has remained in my "recommended for you" list ever since.  I am not the biggest fan of zombie movies (I find about 98% of them to be over rated) but have been curious because I do like Martin Freeman as an actor.  With my 31 days countdown, I decided I may as well give it a try.

The story is really no different than many others of its kind: small family trying to survive during the epidemic - one that creates the walking dead of course.  These variety are more of the shambling, slow moving Romero types.  Which is good for our hero who is on foot carrying a baby.  With that in mind, don't expect this movie to be filled with action.  It is a drama through and through.  But not a bad one at that.

In spite of its predictable nature, the acting in this movie by Martin makes up all the rest of the down falls.  At least enough to get you through almost two hours worth of a bleak remote setting.