31 Days of Horror! Darkness Rising


A young woman (Katrina Law) visits her childhood home with her friends in order to find closure regarding a traumatic incident from her past. However, the group soon encounter the same malevolent forces that once drove her mother into a homicidal frenzy.
Scrolling through my queue last night I stumbled upon this movie...again.  For some reason, I keep avoiding it while simultaneously leaving it in my queue to be watched.  So watch I did.  And I'm glad I did.

Yes, this one is also a haunted house movie...go figure!  The premise is simple: a small group revisiting a house where a tragedy occurred years prior.  I don't want to give too much away because it's a very basic plot.  But I will add it had its creepy moments and there were certain aspects to it that reminded me of the movie Event Horizon (a personal favorite of mine).