31 Days of Horror! Eli


A boy becomes trapped in a haunted house while undergoing treatment for a rare disease.
As soon as I saw this pop up in my Netflix queue, I had to watch it as soon as humanly possible.  I have to say that I wasn't disappointed in the least...ok, 99% at least.

Eli had all of the elements that I like for a solid haunted house movie.  It provided enough of a mystery as well because you knew that something was just off about, well, everything.  I really enjoyed Lili Taylor in this as well.  She is already a horror legend in my opinion and does phenomenally well in any movie with the supernatural.  My only reservation about this movie is the final scene.  I really feel it cheapened everything that transpired prior but, that seems to be the norm in Hollywood...over explaining what doesn't need to be explained.