31 Days of Horror! Havenhurst

A recovering alcoholic (Julie Benz) moves into a haunted apartment complex, where she investigates the mysterious disappearance of a friend who was previously a tenant there. In time, she is forced to confront both sinister forces and her own personal demons.

I guess I must be in the mood for haunted houses because I keep pressing play on these this past week.  For today's review, I re-watched Havenhurst.  I haven't seen it in a couple of years but remember liking it so I felt I would give it another go.  And I wasn't disappointed.

Before re-watching, I was trying to remember the movie and read quite a few bad reviews on it.  I had rated it high on another app so I was curious as to what I may have missed.  After I finished watching it, I think the other reviewers were truly unfair.

Has the story been done before?  Yes.  But that can be said about practically every movie out there.  What I rate on is plausible deniability.  And this one was convincing enough.

Life is short and so is this movie.  There are far worse ways to spend your time so you may as well give this one a shot.