31 Days of Horror! The Heretics


A cult kidnaps a girl and sacrifice themselves in the light of the locust moon. Years later, the girl is kidnapped again by a surviving cult member and learns a demon has been growing inside of her all these years.
I've bypassed this movie quite often in my Netflix queue.  The trailer really never grabbed my attention, nor did the image promoting the film.  I guess all I really needed was to wait until the 31 Days of Horror countdown to Halloween to get me to press play.  On this one, I'm glad that I did.

The movie is pretty straight forward - what you see is what you get.  It relies primarily on the interactions of the main characters so don't expect a lot of action.  That being said, the script isn't too bad and the acting is convincing enough to keep you watching throughout.  Though it was a bit predictable, I still rather enjoyed the ending.