Movie Review! Enola Holmes

When I saw the trailer for this months ago, I couldn't wait until it was released!  So there is no surprise that after work last night I settled in with a big bowl of popcorn and gave it a whirl.

Enola Holmes stars Millie Bobbie Brown in the leading role with Henry Cavill and Sam Claflin as her older brothers. When Enola's mother (perfectly cast with Helena Bonham Carter) disappears, Enola sets out to find her. Sounds easy enough but first she needs to stay two steps in front of her brother Sherlock.  Everything starts out ok at first,  but her search soon gets sidetracked when she helps the young runaway Viscount, Lord Tewkesbury.

Based on the book, The Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer, Enola Holmes is delightful take on the Holmes family.  I truly hope they adapt more of the series into movies.  In the interim, I'll be sure to borrow the books from the library and follow more of her tales!

Comments